Chapter 10. Resources
|Ch. 10 Overview|
|Ch. 10.2||Granovetter’s theory on social capital|
|Ch. 10.2||Burt’s theory on social capital|
|Ch. 10.2||Lin’s theory on social capital|
Power Point slides
- Chapter 10 lecture slides
- Chapter 10 definitions of key concepts
Test your knowledge
- Chapter 10 suggestions for further reading
Additional chapter resources
- On Human capital: Is success a matter of hard work, talents and skills? What is the impact of luck? Watch this nice video on hard work vs luck.
- On Gender inequality: Watch this highly instructive video with Prof. Paula England on The Stall in Gender Inequality. And listen to the interesting ideas of Prof. Cecilia Ridgeway on The Microdynamics of Gender Inequality.
- On Social capital – Granovetter’s theory: Want to know more about the famous theory from Granovetter on social capital? Well, why not watch and listen to Prof. Mark Granovetter himself (here)!
- On Discrimination: Is there evidence for ethnic and racial discrimination in western labor markets? And, if so, why would discrimination occur? What are the causes? And how could we mitigate racism and discrimination? Watch these videos on this topic: here.